What is Cordyceps Sinensis
Cordyceps is actually a type of fungus, just like mushrooms. However, it is a very unique and precious type of fungus. It has to be collected around the beginning of summer time, before the melting of snow (since it grows on very high altitude). At this time, the stroma (part of the fungus) is just above the thick snow.
- Cordyceps is actually quite a wonderful nutritious powerhouse.
- Protein and amino acids: these are essential for life.
- Nucleic acid: part of our DNA and RNA structure
- Vitamin: such as vitamin B1, B12, Vitamin C.
- Polysaccharides: regulate the immune system
- Organic acids: vital in maintenance of our normal body metabolism
Benefits of Cordyceps
- Regulate the Immune function.
- Anti-oxidation effect (oxidation is the major process of aging)
- Anti-inflammatory effect (inflammation is now understood to be a cause orfactor of wide range of health problems ranging from arthritis, aches and pains, headache to stroke, heart attack, autoimmune diseases etc)
- Anti-bacterial effect
- Anti-viral effect
- Anti-tumour effect
- Strengthen the lungs/respiratory system
- Benefit the heart
- Regulate the blood sugar and lipid levels
- Kidney tonic
- Helps to regenerate red blood cells
- Prevent unwanted blood clotting